Chief Master Sergeant Diena M. Mosely is the Command Chief of the 82nd Training Wing, Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas. As Command Chief, she represents the highest enlisted level of leadership for the command and executes the commander's mission by developing the wing's capacity for combat preparedness and professional development for the permanent party force and more than 60,000 Air Force, Army, Navy, Marine, Coast Guard, and allied students each year at Sheppard and through the wing's 64 detached units across the globe. Additionally, the Chief directly supports the mission accomplishment of the 80th Flying Training Wing as it generates 66,000 sorties annually to train combat pilots for the U.S. and its NATO allies.
Chief Mosely enlisted in the Air Force in June 1994. She graduated from the Health Services Management apprentice course at Sheppard AFB in October 1994. Her background includes various duties in healthcare administration and key leadership positions in health services management, with total force and joint service partnerships. Her assignments include bases in Mississippi, Texas, New Mexico, Florida, the District of Columbia, South Carolina and California. She has also deployed in support of operation Enduring Freedom and completed an overseas tour in Guam.
Prior to assuming her current position, she served as the Command Chief, 30th Space Wing, Vandenberg Air Force Base, California.
1994 Health Services Management Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
1999 Airman Leadership School, Keesler AFB, Miss.
2000 Basic Instructor Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2001 Associate of Health Service Administration, Community College of the Air Force
2002 Associate Instructor of Military Education, Community College of the Air Force
2002 Objectives and Test & Principles of Instructional Design, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2003 Bachelor of Science in Occupational Education, Wayland Baptist University, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2006 Noncommissioned Officer Academy Correspondence Course, Kirkland AFB, N.M.
2010 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2011 Medical Readiness Management Course, Fort Sam Houston, San Antonio, Texas
2012 Professional Manager Certification, Community College of the Air Force
2012 Masters of Management/Healthcare Administration, Troy University, Eglin AFB, Fla.
2013 Department of Defense Sexual Assault Advocate National Certification Level 1, Alexandria, Va.
2015 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, Joint Forces Staff College, Va.
2015 Intermediate Executive Skills, San Antonio, Texas
2016 Combined Senior Leader Course, Falls Church, Va.
2016 Command Chief Master Sergeant Training Course, Randolph AFB, Texas
2017 Joint Medical Executive Skills Institute Capstone Course, Falls Church, Va.
2017 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, University of North Carolina
2018 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2018 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Course II, Joint Forces Staff College/Correspondence
- June 1994-August 1994, student, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
- August 1994-October 1994, student, Health Services Management Technical Training, Sheppard AFB, Texas
- November 1994-October 1996, Education and Training Technician, 81st Medical Group, Keesler AFB, Miss.
- November 1996-October 1997, Outpatient Records Technician, 81st Medical Group, Keesler AFB, Miss.
- November 1997-October 1998, Beneficiary Services Technician, 81st Medical Group, Keesler AFB, Miss.
- November 1998-July 2000, NCOIC, ADHOC Reports, 81st Medical Group, Keesler AFB, Miss.
- July 2000-July 2004, Instructor, Health Services Management Course, 882d Training Group, Sheppard AFB, Texas
- July 2004-February 2006, NCOIC, TRICARE Ops/Patient Admin, 49th Medical Group, Holloman AFB, N.M.
- March 2006-February 2007, NCOIC, Family Practice Element, 49th Medical Group, Holloman AFB, N.M.
- March 2007-February 2010, NCOIC, Resource Management Flight, 36th Medical Group, Andersen AFB, Guam
- March 2010-June 2011, Flight Chief, TRICARE Operations & Patient Administration, 36th Medical Group, Andersen AFB, Guam
- July 2011-April 2013, Functional Manager/Flight Chief-Medical Readiness, 96th Medical Group, Eglin AFB, Fla.
- May 2013-November 2013, Superintendent, Contingency Aeromedical Staging Facility, Camp Bastion, Afghanistan
- November 2013-July 2014, Chief, Medical Group Compliance, 96th Medical Group, Eglin AFB, Fla.
- July 2014-January 2016, Group Superintendent, 579th Medical Group, Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, DC
- January 2016-June 2017, Group Superintendent, 20th Medical Group, Shaw AFB, S.C.
- June 2017-May 2019, Command Chief, 30th Space Wing, Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif.
- May 2019 – present, Command Chief, 82nd Training Wing, Sheppard AFB, Texas
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Afghanistan Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border
2007 36th Medical Group NCO of the Year
2008 PACAF Resource Management NCO of the Year
2010 Distinguished Graduate, SNCO Academy
2011 36th Wing SNCO of the Year
2012 96th Test Wing SNCO of the Year
2012 Air Force Test Center SNCO of the Year
2013 651st Air Expeditionary Group SNCO of the Month
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant November 2014
(Current as of June 2019)