SHEPPARD AIR FORCE BASE, Texas – Efforts are being made around Sheppard AFB to limit and prevent the spread of Novel Coronavirus, or COVID-19, on base and in our surrounding communities.
As is such, several agencies are modifying or suspending their hours and services during this unprecedented time. The following list will be updated and published at the end of each day as needed as new information is sent to the 82nd Training Wing Public Affairs Office.
At this time, Sheppard AFB remains in Health Protection Level Charlie. Click here for more information.
You can also get localized Coronavirus information, including Frequently Asked Questions, by going to www.sheppard.af.mil/coronavirus/.
• The 82nd Logistics Readiness Squadron is collecting old uniform items and fabric to help assist the 361st Training Squadron gather enough material to continue producing cloth masks. We are looking for ABU’s, OCP’s, or neutral material in order to assist. A small hole or tear doesn’t mean the item can’t be used, however please make sure the items are clean. Please take the items to a drop-off location on the loading dock side of Bldg. 2113. For more information, call Staff Sgt. Teylor Kirkpatrick at 940-676-4617.
• Sheppard AFB will continue to screen motorists with basic questions before reaching the Missile Road Gate. The questions will focus on recent travel as well as health condition. The purpose of this additional measure is to protect the base populace as well as those visiting Sheppard for official business. The screenings will eventually ramp up to 100-percent checks.
• Sheppard AFB leadership is, in accordance with high headquarter directive, working toward implementing new guidance regarding the wear of cloth face covers as a means to reduce the risk of those wearing the covers to spread COVID-19. Defense Department guidance issued April 5, 2020, says uniformed military personnel must ensure products used as face covers be conservative, professional and in keeping with dignity and respect prescribed by the directive.
Sheppard-specific guidance to accompany the directive is forthcoming.
82nd Medical Group
• 82nd MDG Commander Col. Kevin McCal has issued a new Sheppard Clinic directive regarding use of face masks by patients and/or family members. Click here for more.
• Sheppard Clinic training day has been cancelled for April 1 and the facility will be open for acute care issues.
• Drive-thru pharmacy services are currently being dispensed at the old Sheppard Bank building in the BX parking lot. The hours of operation are 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Patients with appointments in the medical clinic will be processed through the Sheppard Clinic pharmacy. This reduces traffic into our main pharmacy and potential exposure to illness for both staff and patients.
Check out the 82nd Medical Group Facebook page for more info.
• The 82nd MDG is committed to protecting our patient population. Beginning Friday, March 20, 2020, the medical clinic is implementing a single point of entry at the pharmacy entrance. Initial screening will be required prior to entering the facility. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause; however, your wellness is our priority. Stay tuned for more information.
• The 82nd MDG addresses medical appointments, COVID-19 testing and other concerns. Click here for more.
• In accordance with recommendations from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, the American Academy of Pediatrics, and the Defense Health Agency, the pediatric clinic at Sheppard AFB have made changes to clinic operations. Click here for more.
• As of March 31, all military treatment facilities and dental treatment facilities will postpone elective surgeries and procedures for 60 days.
• Until further notice, Managed Care and Medical Records at the 82nd Medical Group will no longer be open for walk-in services.
If you need assistance from Managed Care with registration, patient travel, billing/claims or out-processing please contact us at (940) 676-1239 / (940) 676-4808 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
If you need assistance from Medical Records contact 940-676-3771 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• AETC Surgeon General Col. Gianna Zeh issues letter to families amid COVID-19 development.
82nd TRW Chapel Division
• 82nd TRW Chaplain (Col.) David Buttrick has suspended all gatherings, services and events until further notice. For more, click here.
82nd Comptroller Squadron
• Beginning 23 March, the Finance Customer Service office will suspend all walk-ins until further notice. Virtual assistance will be provided through phone and email with appointments made on a case by case basis. Additionally, if an Airman in Training requires assistance between 4-6 p.m. during our extended hours on Tuesdays, we ask that the member or MTL contact our office prior so we can schedule them an appointment during this time.
We can be reached at 940-676-4864 or DSN 736-4864 or at one of the following org boxes:
For Military Pay inquiries, please email email@example.com
For Travel Pay inquiries, please email 82CPTS.DTSHelpdesk@us.af.mil
For Civilian Pay inquiries, please email 82CPTS.Civilian.firstname.lastname@example.org
82nd Force Support Squadron
• Some activities and services offered on base have altered their hours. Click here for more information. Stay tuned for updates as this will change.
• The Sheppard Club is offering curbside pickup services Tuesday-Friday from 11 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Call in your order at 940-676-2976 and then pick it up. Check out their menu here.
• In an effort to protect our customers and mitigate the spread of COVID-19, the Military Personnel Flight (MPF) is conducting most of our operations virtually. We are transitioning to appointments only and not accepting walk-ins. Our customer service lobbies are closed. Click here for more information.
• In addition to the XCaliber fitness containers located at the base’s two tracks, the 82nd FSS now has BeaverFit USA gym boxes located at the Pitsenbarger and Levitow fitness centers. The boxes contain squat and bench racks, sleds, pull-up bars and dip bars.
• Effective March 30, the Airman & Family Readiness Center will be open from 1000-1600/Monday-Friday for scheduled appointments and AiT out-processing. The MFLC will also be available. The main phone line (940-676-4358) will be answered during these hours, and A&FRC staff will be monitoring social media pages.
• The Airman & Family Readiness Center, just like many other agencies, has been hard at it, keeping our Airmen and families informed of Sheppard-specific events and changes, as well as providing information about local schools and more. Need some ideas to occupy time during the day? They’ve got that, too. Check out their Facebook page for more.
• The Sheppard Club is changing its operations. Pizza will now be To-Go only Thursday and Friday from 4-7 p.m. Drive up to the front of the club and staff will deliver the pizza to your car. Club members get $2 off each pizza. Dine-in and bar operations have been suspended until further notice.
• All intramural sports and aerobic classes has been postponed/canceled.
• Want to know more about what’s going on with the 82nd FSS? Check out their Facebook page and their website.
82nd Security Forces Squadron
• "No-exchange" ID checks remain in place at points of entry at Sheppard AFB. Instead of handing your ID card to the Defender, you will show the sentry the back of your ID. They'll scan the ID before giving you instructions to proceed or not. This may cause some slowdowns, so please be patient. This "no exchange" policy eliminates one more method of transferring a virus. Safety of all our people and guests is priority.
• The 82nd Security Forces Squadron will implement new base access restriction measures effective March 28, 2020. Click here for more information.
Wing Staff Agencies
• Counseling and other support resources are available for military members, families, civilians and other members of the military community. Click here for more information.
• Sheppard’s Equal Opportunity Office on March 23 suspended its walk-in services until further notice. Consultations will be done by phone only. Complaints or concerns can still be worked through email at 82TRWEO@us.af.mil or by calling 940-676-4393.
• Legal assistance is currently restricted to active duty and reservist-on-orders. We ask that Airman call 940-676-4162 to make an appointment for an attorney consultation rather than walk-in. Notaries and Powers of Attorney are still available on a walk-in bases.
• The Office of Inspector General will not be accepting walk-in consultations. Complaints can still be worked through email, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
• To match the efforts by leadership to minimize the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19), the Team Sheppard Grief Support Group meeting will be postponed until May 21, 2020. If you would like to be connected with base or local grief counseling resources prior to this date, please give me a call.
Tenant Units and others
• The Army-Air Force Exchange Service announces modifications to its Barber Shop and Cleaners operations.
• The Defense Commissary Agency's (DeCA) stores, central distribution centers and its central meat processing plant have been designated mission-critical in DOD's response to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic. Click here for the full story.
• Effective April 6, 2020, the Union Square Credit Union branch on Sheppard AFB closed temporarily as a precautionary measure. While the lobbies at the other branch locations remain closed, Union Square Credit Union members can continue to utilize the drive-thrus at the Downtown, Parker Square and Burkburnett locations.
• At the request of contract management, the GameStop store located in the BX Mini-Mall has closed in response to COVID-19.
Area Defense Counsel
• The Sheppard Area Defense Counsel’s office will be operating via telephone appointment only. Please contact 940-676-2186 should you need any assistance.
• Local governments issue shelter-in-place orders to help combat the spread of COVID-19:
• Wichita County
• Wichita Falls
• City of Wichita Falls temporarily suspends water disconnection. While the City is not forgiving payments, and the money will still be owed, the water will not be disconnected and late fees will not be assessed during this time. The City of Wichita Falls will reassess this change in 30 days.
• The City of Wichita Falls and Wichita County issues Disaster Declarations Friday, March 20, 2020.