How do I submit a story
or story idea for the base paper or website?
Story submissions and/or
story ideas should be sent to the Public Affairs office via email at
the corresponding form for your request and send via email to
the 82nd Training Wing Public Affairs Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by fax (940) 676-4245 no later than 3-4 weeks prior to the date of
Request for Volunteers
Many service members actively volunteer on their off-duty time in a variety of
charitable organizations, schools and churches in their communities. Their
participation is strictly a personal choice and is not regulated by the
Department of Defense.
Send an email request to the 82nd Training Wing Public Affairs Office with
the following information:
To sign up/get more info:
*Submitting a request does not guarantee you will receive support.
Public Affairs is the focal point for
providing information on Sheppard Air Force Base issues, programs and base
events to Airmen, the community and members of the news media. The staff
provides speakers for civic organizations in the community, submits information
to the weekly newspaper, and is the commander's liaison between the
base and local media organizations. All media requests concerning
Sheppard people, programs and events must be coordinated through Public
Sheppard Public Affairs
917 Missile Rd. Bldg. 1917, Ste. 1C203
Sheppard AFB, TX 76311
To schedule a studio appointment please call 940-676-6620. An AF Form 833 must be completed, including the “requester” and “accepter” blocks, before arrival. The PA photo studio, located on the 1st floor of Bldg. 1917, will provide appointments for:
- Official studio portraits
- Scheduled appointments are available on:
• Mondays from 8-11:30 a.m. and 1-4 p.m., and Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8-11:30 a.m.
• Closed Wednesday and Friday.
- Official government passports and ISO prep
• Wednesdays Thursdays from 1-4 p.m. on a walk-in basis
- Photo studio is closed on Friday afternoons for administrative work.
- A changing room is available if needed.
A studio photo is categorized as "official" if it meets any of the following requirements:
- Photo is required to have on file by Department of Defense instruction.
- Photo is for an award (squadron-level or above).
• Please bring a copy of the photo requirements
- Photos for personal use are strictly prohibited.
- Photos, with the exception of passport photos will not be printed or emailed. A digital copy will be provided on a CD.
- For more information or to set up an appointment, call 940-676-6620 or DSN 676-6620.
All media queries and requests for interviews
must be coordinated through the public affairs office. We look forward to
working with media outlets to share our Air Force story.