Sheppard CGO Council named 1st Qtr Top CGOC at Air Force level
By Airman 1st Class Pedro Tenorio, 82nd Training Wing Public Affairs
/ Published July 23, 2019
SHEPPARD AIR FORCE BASE, Texas --
Before this quarter is over we at Sheppard Air Force Base would like to congratulate our Company Grade Officer Council which was named the 1st Quarter Top CGOC at the Air Force level.
The CGOC is a private organization on base run by members consisting of captains and lieutenants. Sheppard’s CGOC has four pillars that they focus on: community service, esprit de corps, professional development and base support.
The CGOC has had a presence in some impactful events and reading some of these it is no wonder they were awarded this win.
Some of the more distinguishing accomplishments the council has done are;
- Organizing the panel for the Women’s History Month lunch and panel.
- Organizing a superhero themed Women’s History Month 5k run.
- Gathering and mobilizing CGOs from a wide array of career fields to talk to 80+ future commissioned officers at the Air Force ROTC detachment at University of North Texas.
- Donations towards the First Step Inc., which provides services to survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- The CGOC has also had their hands in revamping the CGOC constitution and bylaws at Sheppard which will now allow all military CGOs assigned to Sheppard to join their council and not just Air Force CGOs only.
- And of course, we should not gloss over their contribution to base morale when they coordinated a St. Patrick’s Day Celebration at the Sheppard Club.
The individuals on the council have gone above and beyond their normal duties, which in itself takes time and effort to excel in. These individuals have helped Sheppard become a better place and Sheppard is proud that they have been recognized for their efforts. Even if it is a bit late for this article to come out.
Members of the 1st Quarter CGO council winners include, 2nd Lt. Anna Pastor, president, Capt. Brian Sekita, vice president, 2nd Lt. Gonca Dequeant, secretary/treasurer, and 2nd Lt. Cody Campbell, member at large.
The CGOC holds meetings/socials every last Friday of the month at the Sheppard Club from 1600-1700. They are actively welcoming any and all CGOs stationed on Sheppard if they would like participate in their fundraising, mentorship lunch-and-learns and various events involving their four pillars.
Link to the CGOC SharePoint page:
(must have CAC reader for access)