Additional base access restriction measures begin March 28
82nd Training Wing Public Affairs
/ Published March 27, 2020
SHEPPARD AIR FORCE BASE, Texas – As Sheppard AFB continues to fight an invisible enemy, a new set of base access restriction measures will begin effective March 28, 2020.
In addition to other access restrictions in place, the 82nd Security Forces Squadron will implement the following:
- 100-percent ID checks;
- Veterans Health Identification Cardholders are only authorized base access for medical appointments and must report to the Visitor’s Center to receive a temporary pass before the appointment;
- Suspension of the ability of Airmen-in-Training to obtain passes for family or friends;
- New pass requests permitted only for official business. New pass requests will be submitted through a sponsoring Group Commander for validation;
- Exceptions to base access restriction measures include:
- Army-Air Force Exchange Services;
- Commercial deliveries;
- Household goods deliveries;
- Contractors listed on the Trusted Agent Letter;
- Passes already issued are still valid;
- Military retirees and dependents are authorized base access.
Continue to visit www.sheppard.af.mil/Coronavirus/ or follow us on Facebook for more information.