82nd TRW CI - "Excellent"|
Posted 5/14/2012 Updated 5/14/2012
by George Woodward
82nd Training Wing Public Affairs
5/14/2012 - SHEPPARD AIR FORCE BASE, Texas -- The 82nd Training Wing continued its string of inspection successes with an overall "Excellent" rating in the 2012 Air Education and Training Command Compliance Inspection.
Three of the four groups and 11 of the 17 squadrons graded received individual "Excellent" ratings, as did the wing commander's programs and the emergency management exercise.
The 82nd Medical Group and its squadrons were not graded as units during the compliance inspection, as they begin a Health Services Inspection today; however, wing-wide medical programs including medical contingency response, disease containment, suicide prevention and aerospace physiology were graded and all received "Excellent" ratings.
Seven functions were graded "Outstanding" across the wing:
· The 82nd Training Wing Safety Office
· The 82nd Training Wing Anti-Terrorism Office
· The 82nd Training Wing Self Inspection Program
· The 82nd Training Wing Public Affairs Office
· The 82nd Training Group Training Assessment Office
· The 367th Training Support Squadron Interactive Multimedia Instruction Flight
· The 82nd Force Support Squadron Manpower and Personnel Flight
The wing also received an overall "Excellent" rating in the Logistics Compliance Assessment Program inspection conducted simultaneously, primarily in the 82nd Logistics Readiness Squadron and the 982nd Maintenance Squadron. The wing received the same grade in the 2011 LCAP inspection and also performed exceptionally in the 2011 Community College of the Air Force and 2nd Air Force Standardization and Evaluation assessments.
The 982nd Training Group Field Training Scheduling System Development Team earned "Professional Team" recognition from the AETC Inspector General for creating "a field training scheduling system to maximize training effectiveness, opportunities and visibility at 47 field training detachments worldwide."
Team members were:
· Capt. Kipp Williams
· Capt. Thomas Bihansky
· Master Sgt. Loren Cheney
· Master Sgt. Arnold Munroe Jr.
· Master Sgt. Gideon Shipman
· Master Sgt. Michael Smith
· Tech. Sgt. Christian Fernandes
· Tech. Sgt. Kevin Perusich
· Staff Sgt. Mitchell Baker
· Staff Sgt. Stephen Teekell
· Airman 1st Class Tray Woodfork
About 200 people from across the wing - 5 percent of the permanent party force - were also identified as professional performers. Five of those were singled out to be coined by the inspection team:
· Senior Airman Gilbert Campos, 82nd Force Support Squadron
· Tech. Sgt. Anna Mejia, 82nd Training Wing Inspector General Office
· Master Sgt. Tommy Sexton, 364th Training Squadron
· Capt. Matthew Ramage, 82nd Aerospace Medicine Squadron
· Scott Morrow, 365th Training Squadron