Sheppard leads way in annual Fourth of July parade Published July 5, 2018 By John Ingle 82nd Training Wing Public Affairs SHEPPARD AIR FORCE BASE, Texas – About 100 Airmen from Sheppard AFB led the procession of antique fire trucks, muscle cars, go-carts, floats and more during the 34th Annual Kell House Museum Fourth of July and Most Patriotic Parade in downtown Wichita Falls, Texas, July 4, 2018. The Sheppard AFB Honor Guard carried Old Glory and the Texas west on Ninth Street to the Kell House, a structure built in 1909 by Frank Kell, one of the city’s founding fathers and a businessman who, among others, played a role in the establishment of Sheppard Field in the early 1940s. Two flights of Airmen, one carrying the 50 flags of the United States, followed the five-person color guard. A flag detail from Sheppard hoisted the U.S. flag at the beginning of ceremonies at the Kell House after the parade. Col. Scott Belanger, 82nd Training Wing vice commander, provided remarks during the event.