|CHIEF MASTER SERGEANT ERIC JOHNSON|
CHIEF MASTER SERGEANT ERIC JOHNSON
Chief Master Sgt. Eric Johnson Command Chief Master Sergeant, 82nd Training Wing, Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas. As Command Chief, he represents the highest enlisted level of leadership for the command and executes the commander's mission by developing the wing's capacity for combat preparedness and professional development for the permanent party force and over 60,000 Air Force, Army, Navy, Marine, Coast Guard, and allied students each year at Sheppard and through the wing's 61 detached units across the globe. Additionally, the Chief directly supports the mission accomplishment of the 80th Flying Training Wing as it generates 66,000 sorties annually to train combat pilots for the U.S. and its NATO allies.
Chief Johnson was born in Augusta, Ga. He entered the Air Force in 1987. Following technical training, he served as an Inventory Management Specialist, managing Mobility Readiness Spares Kits for five fighter squadrons in addition to managing Central Receiving and Mission Capability sections at six different fighter wings. In 1999, he cross-trained into Airfield Management. As an Airfield Manager, Chief Johnson provided expert oversight of eight fixed-base airfields. Additionally, Chief Johnson served as the Command Airfield Manager for Central Air Forces where he oversaw 15 airfields throughout Southeast Asia and the Horn of Africa.
Chief Johnson's stateside assignments include bases in Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Alaska and Arizona. His overseas assignments include Japan, Turkey and Iceland. He has also deployed in support of operations Northern Watch, Southern Watch, Joint Forge, Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom.
1990 Noncommissioned Officer Preparatory Course, Keflavik Air Base, Iceland
1991 Airman Leadership School, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
2000 FAA Part 139 Course, Mike Mulroney Center, Oklahoma City, Okla.
2001 Associate of Applied Science degree, Airport Resource Management, CCAF
2002 Associate of Applied Science degree, Logistics Management, CCAF
2003 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Lackland AFB, Texas 2004 Aerospace Safety Certification, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
2006 Flight Safety Noncommissioned Officer Course, Kelley AFB, Texas 2007 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell-Gunter Annex, Ala.
2010 Chief Master Sergeant Leadership Course, Maxwell-Gunter Annex, Ala.
1. August 1987 - November 1987, Trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. November 1987 - January 1988, Trainee, Inventory Management Course, Lowry AFB, Colo.
3. January 1988 - September 1989, Individual Equipment Apprentice, Robins Air Logistics Center, Robins AFB, Ga.
4. September 1989 - October 1990, Stock Control Journeyman, 4557th Supply Squadron, Keflavik Air Base, Iceland
5. October 1990 - July 1994, MICAP Controller, 4th Supply Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, NC (October 1992 - February 1993, War Readiness Spares Kit Journeyman, Dhahran AB, Saudi Arabia)
6. July 1994 - July 1997, War Readiness Section Supervisor, 35th Supply Squadron, Misawa AB, Japan
7. July 1997 - April 1999, NCOIC Base Receiving Element, 39th Supply Squadron, Incirlik AB, Turkey
8. April 1999 - December 2003, NCOIC, Base Operations, 355th Operations Support Squadron, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz. (June 2001 - October 2001, NCOIC Base Operations, 401st Expeditionary Air Base Group, Tuzla AB, Bosnia; August 2002 - January 2003, Airfield Manager, 379th Air Expeditionary Wing, Al-Udeid AB, Qatar)
9. December 2003 - September 2005, Airfield Manager, 20th Operations Support Squadron, Shaw AFB, S.C. (September 2004 - February 2005, Airfield Management Functional Manager, Combined Air Operations Headquarters, Al-Udeid AB, Qatar)
10. September 2005 - June 2008, Superintendent, Airfield Operations Flight, 3rd Operations Support Squadron, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska (September 2006 - May 2007, Airfield Manager, 332nd AEW, Balad AB, Iraq)
11. June 2008 - March 2011, Airfield Manager, 56th Operations Support Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz. (May 2009 - January 2010, Airfield Manager, 379th AEW, Al-Udeid AB, Qatar)
12. March 2011 - Sept 2011, Superintendent, 56th Operations Group, Luke AFB, Ariz.
(Sept 2011 - Mar 2012), Superintendent, 651st Air Expeditionary Group, Camp Bastion Afghanistan
13. August 2012 - Present, Command Chief, 82nd Training Wing, Sheppard AFB, Texas
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Navy Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with silver leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal
Southwest Asia Service Medal
Iraq Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon
1990 Icelandic Defense Force Member of the Year, Keflavik AB, Iceland
1995 Logistics Professional of the Year, 35th Fighter Wing, Misawa AB, Japan
2001 Airfield Management Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, Air Combat Command
2001 and 2002 Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, 355th Operations Group
2006 Airfield Management Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, U.S. Air Force
2006 Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, 3rd Operations Group
2009 Airfield Management Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, U.S. Air Force
2009 Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, 56th Operations Group
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant Oct. 1, 2010
(Current as of Aug 2012)